Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Great Lines From Great Books #2

To continue the series of "Great lines from great books", I couldn't resist blogging about this great line that I found in one of my weekly pregnancy blogs. Lately, it's been difficult to read a book for a long period of time. I can't get comfortable sitting, lying down, etc. If someone developed a contraption where I don't have to hold the book that I'm actually reading, it might work. Otherwise, I've been limited to reading my pregnancy books, blogs, and mags. They work on a weekly basis, most of them, so I don't have to use a lot of energy holding a book. (Slacker.) I figure I'll have all the time in the world to read in the 6 months that I'm on maternity leave.

For now, I have to highly recommend and praise Amalah and her blog "Alpha Mom" (one of her many columns - all of which are just as great.) Alpha Mom has many useful sections for pregnant women and moms out there. One in particular, Pregnancy Calendar, is a witty, humor-filled section that chronicles Amalah's pregnancy with Baby #2 (including past experiences during pregnancy #1). She has given birth to Baby #2, I think, since she was just writing new posts a month ahead of the week that I would refer to. I would recommend this blog to any woman out there planning to get pregnant or already pregnant.

And to add to "Great Lines", here's the most perfectest line from her blog that helps me describe pregnancy:




I think it's pretty self-explanatory. (ETK)

No comments: