Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Proof

I'm posting these photos of the little man so that I can look at them when he's crying and convince myself that it will pass. Yesterday, between approximately noon and 1am this morning, I would have been looking at them most of the time, because the monster was screaming, shuddering, wailing, burping, thrashing, squealing, kicking, and screeching for about 45-minutes of every hour during that time period. At these times, it's like trying to calm an angry cat.

Don't say colic. Let's just call it the post-womb individuation period ... or something.

I'm sure the neighbors watch me walking around and around the balcony that wraps around our house, clutching a screaming baby, and are completely reminded of Michael Jackson. Maybe I should show them these photos too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it possible that he has a meibomian cyst? Like Father, like son you know! Luckily he is so damn cute if he is going to cry this much. Hope that the both of you are well and will be ringing in the new year with much hope and promise.

Anonymous said...

Hey there - congratulations on the safe arrivial of little Max. Might you have a sea-snail mail address in case one wanted to put a gift in a bottle and send it to you? I will hang up and take my answer offline if you don't want to broadcast it to the world.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Max is beautiful :)

You may have to take Max to Pacifier-Bootcamp. Syd sucked my pinky finger all the time when she was that little. It was the only way to get her quiet and calm. I was hesitant to have her be a pacifier baby but once she finished her Paci Boot Camp, she had a pacifier to keep her calm (or busy, not sure what) and old mama got a few minutes of silence. Good luck!!!