Sunday, July 6, 2008

I heart second trimester.

Second trimester is just what most of the women I've spoken to and read from have said ... it's like magic!

All of the sudden, hocus pocus and poof! ... I feel like my former, pre-pregnant self again! (Almost!) It's amazing how pain and discomfort are feelings that aren't really committed to memory very well. If you're not sure what I mean, try this little thought exercise: Do you northern hemisphere folks remember what the blistering cold of last winter felt like? As I sit on the couch with a hot water bottle and blanket, in a room with the heater blasting, I am unable to remember what last year's extreme heat in Cincinnati felt like.

This is how I feel now that I'm in my second trimester. I can't seem to remember how nauseous and uncomfortable I felt in the first trimester. (And you better believe that I'll be savoring every moment until my third trimester.) I can barely remember thinking, "Is this what pregnancy is like? Those women who say "I love being pregnant" are liars. And nobody likes liars. Maybe they've all forgotten what the first trimester was like and only remember the magic of the second trimester.

What's also magic are my new pants. My new, elastic, maternity pants. I heart my maternity pants. Chris is jealous. He wants a pair, too. (ETK)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Does this mean you can eat again? After reading about how Chris hogged all the pork pie, I'm not so sure.

Please, no elastic pants for Chris!

egtk said...

I can eat again but clearly not everything. And yes, Chris did hog the pork pie.

Anonymous said...

Nice belly, hot mama! Looks like that kid's shaping up nicely for you. It's clear that he/she also loves the elastic pants.

Anonymous said...

amy wodo loved those, too! didn't you always wonder how preggers could wear jeans!?

...and I'm sure you've experienced quickening by now (maternal awareness of fetal movement)...comes around 20 weeks. and the belly- if you feel for the fundus (the top of the uterus)...it should be at or above your umbilicus now...

...as for chris and elastic pants- he's going to need some if he keeps being a ziggy piggy