Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Dunedin Graffiti

I like this one a lot. I've decided that, here in the Kemp household, we're all owls in a lark world (even Max, although he's only two-months-old and doesn't really know that he's an owl yet). I just think it's a good policy to follow. It makes sense.

There's something oddly beautiful about the phrase too. Owl in a lark world. I love it. It was there in the morning, by the railway station and the Saturday market sun. I bet it's already been scrubbed away or painted over.

By larks, probably.

Incidentally, the collective noun for larks is an exultation; and for owls, it's a parliament.

Here, in our little house, we are a parliament.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know if you know about my love for owls, but it's magnificent and almost overbearing in all its' glory. I'm not kidding. I even have pictures of Bob with some of the owls around my house. (My sister Mary hates owls and I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive her for it!)

Much love, especially to the tiniest owl over there in that house by the sea.

Unknown said...

Thought you might like this...

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080608/jsp/opinion/story_9379001.jsp