Sunday, February 15, 2009

DISH

I wrote an article for a New Zealand-based glossy food magazine called DISH recently. What I really like about the magazine are the efforts that go into the production. It's a beautiful product, lovely images, good writing, full of interesting recipes to try. So I pitched them an article on harvesting and cooking with local seaweed. And they told me to write it.

It came out about a month ago. It's been fun. I've been recognized a couple of times, because there's a photo of me and Emeline standing in the water tasting seaweed. We went to our favorite breakfast spot and the server told us she'd seen it and asked herself, "How do I know those people?" before she worked out it was us. The same happened with a couple of coworkers, and the real estate agent who takes care of our house.

Yeah. We're famous.

3 comments:

mary said...

Very cool - congrats on getting published Chris! :-)

Michelle said...

Cool!

bazsu said...

wow, congrats!!:) can i have a copy?
zsu