Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good Hair Days

We're both quite hairy people in our own ways, and so we fully anticipated that Max would be a hairy person too. When he entered the world, we were so relieved he was healthy that we were willing to overlook the hairy back, shoulders and forehead. We have a little outfit for him that is made of a kind of string vest material and, when he wears it, he looks like a tiny little construction worker. Or a little swarthy Greek man, the tufts of hair sprouting from his shoulders.

I half expect him to start whistling at pretty women in the street.

But I thought it made him even more delicious -- like a little kitten. Now, though, Max is losing his baby hair. It's everywhere! It's in his bassinet. It's on his pacifier. I find little hairs in my mouth after I give him a kiss. It's in my food. On my pillow. On the table.

It's even right here on my laptop, sticking to my fingers as I type.

No comments: