Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ingenuity!

Necessity, as the saying goes, is the mother of invention. As this picture clearly demonstrates, motherhood is the mother of invention too. Over the past few weeks, Emeline has been on a journey. She's steadily graduated from not giving pregnancy a second thought, to only wearing certain pairs of pants, to fastening her jeans with a safety pin, trying to squeeze another inch from a waistband that she claims is shrinking.

Shrinking!

In her latest attempt to avoid the obvious (i.e. she's pregnant and needs to buy new stretchy clothes), Emeline is now fastening her jeans with an elastic band intended for hair. If these are her jeans, just imagine her hair! I'm kidding ... and I'm so proud of her ingenuity.

As she said in her last post, thousands upon millions, upon billions of women have made the journey that she's on right now. But how many of them have used this technique to combat their shrinking waistbands? Not many, I'm guessing. And it looks like quite an intricate knot too, doesn't it? It's a bit like a granny knot.

But different.

It's an expectant mother knot. (ck)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, work you will be coming up with a lot of those quick fixes. Chris better watch out for his jeans and t-shirt they make the best matunity clothes.
I was just think I need to get with the girls and go find some of matunity shirts that say...class of 2025. or future President of the USA
I will have to start going into baby stores so I can find you some of those t-shirts. can't wait ...I'm looking on line tonight

Anonymous said...

I've just hidden my other jeans. Thanks for the tip Joyce.