Friday, April 4, 2008

Oh no!!


This is what happens when you take your eyes off the ball! Emeline and I have been busy at work all week. And so we completely missed a calf sale on Thursday morning. And then we missed the Balclutha calf sale yesterday, too, even though it was clearly posted in the newspaper.

I really had my heart set on 20 steer calves and a couple of heifers. At least there's some 2-tooth Cheviot rams still for sale. Phew. Click on the photo to take a closer look. Do you see the little rhyme?

"If you're thinking about lambing
your hogget flock
with a Cheviot ram
You'll be surprised what you dock."

Now, what the hell does that mean?

Do I even want to know? (ck)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I suggest you keep your day job. New Zealand Poet Laureate is not in your immediate future.