Saturday, April 19, 2008

Insane Dunedinite #3


Today, we have Insane Dunedinite #3. This fella pops up all over town, singing and clapping, barking and yelping. He's an entertainer. His clapping follows no discernible rhythm: two loud claps, no claps, three quick claps, then one clap. He sings his own interpretation of the classics, usually rendering them completely unrecognizable. His voice is distinctive and untamed.

Clap! Clap!

I'm a little bit scared of him. I took this photo with my zoom function, from pretty far away. He was standing on George Street, which was busy with Saturday shoppers, rushing through the rain. Emeline tells me he was singing All I Need is the Air That I Breathe. It's fortunate, really, that he's so low maintenance because his profit margin can probably be measured in nanodollars. I was listening too but, for all know, he could have been singing in Hungarian.

Strange vocalizations + unrealistic financial expectations = Insane

(ck)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's called the happy clapper...