Monday, February 22, 2010

My true calling.

I have a confession to make. I love science. I've always loved it and have been working in science for years. But it's not my true love. My true love is surfing. I've always felt, somewhere deep in my soul, that I was always meant to be a surfer. So, finally, I took it into my own hands to gather my friends and to learn how to surf. Was it everything I dreamt it would be?

Totally rad.

Am I any good? All I can say is ... practice practice and all is coming.* (ETK)


(Photos above: Smails Beach, Dunedin, NZ; Max and mom on a board; Max checking out the surf; The ladies and I head for our first encounter with the ocean. )

*Thanks for learning with me, Rachel, Chew Ling and Amy; thanks for teaching me, Chris; thanks for supporting me, Chris and Max.


No comments: